This Ice Cream Pin Cushion project is fun and easy to make. Make one for yourself or to give to a friend!
You can make this Ice Cream Pin Cushion craft, in a heart beat! It will keep you thinking cool! There is nothing better than ice cream on a hot day. We have had plenty of those hot days around here lately. Hot, hot, hot! I was inspired to create this adorable Ice Cream Pin Cushion to remind me of cool things during a hot summer day!
This project is easy to make with just a few household items. Make a couple for gifts as long as you are at it! I started with just one, but I struggle to make just one of anything. It’s one of my compulsive behaviors, I can’t help myself.
I had to make a chocolate version too. I love chocolate sundaes don’t you? The chocolate pin cushion uses brown wool yarn and a dark colored sock instead of the white sock and clothesline in the white sundae. You’ll love how easy they are to make!
Ice Cream Pin Cushion Supplies Needed:
•white tube sock or brown sock for the chocolate sundae
•dry rice or beans for filling the sock, about 1 1/2 cups
•Clothesline or brown wool yarn
•Fabric glue or craft glue
•Red wool for felted “cherry” and felting needle, or a purchased small red pompom
•Multi-Colored stick pins or pins with flowered decorative ends
•Glass ice cream sundae dish (I got mine at the thrift store)
Pin Cushion Directions:
- Fill sock with rice or beans. Tie shut with string or yarn. Trim off excess fabric, leaving 1″ tail.
- Glue sock into the sundae dish, making a rounded top and hiding the tail underneath.
- Glue clothesline on top of the sock in a circular pattern covering the entire surface of the sock. Trim and secure end with more glue at the top.
- Make the red cherry by felting red wool with a felting needle into a ball. Alternatively, use a store bought red pompom for the cherry.
- Add stick pins around the “sundae” to look like sprinkles.
- Make another one, because you know you are having so much fun!
If you love this post, don’t forget to Pin it!
Check out these other fun crafty projects!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe and get my FREE MANDALA COLORING BOOK DOWNLOAD with 30 beautiful designs!