This No Fail Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Recipe is a family secret. Hundreds of people have enjoy it at our family’s cheese house restaurant. The secret, is that it is so easy to make!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Family Recipe
If you are new to my blog, you may not know our family history. My husband’s family has been in the cheese business here in Wisconsin for more than 40 years. This cheese cake is a seasonal favorite at our family’s Cheese House restaurant. It never fails to disappoint!
The secret, is that it’s very easy to make. This is one of those treats where you don’t look at calories or worry about fat content. Because, if you do, the experience is not the same. This is not your average cheesecake, but cheesecake for the hearty appetite. You can thank me later!
We have sampled cheesecakes at different restaurants over the years, but let me tell you this one puts them all to shame. Even the Cheesecake Factory can’t compare to this.
- 1 1/2 lbs. real cream cheese (full fat)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 16 oz. can of spiced pumpkin pie filling
- Chopped hazelnuts for topping
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Let all ingredients come to room temperature before beginning.
- Cream the cheese, eggs and sugar.
- Add sour cream.
- Combine graham crackers with the melted butter. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9" pan.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes in 325 degree oven.
- Open oven and pumpkin/cream cheese mixture over the hot crust.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until brown. Test for doneness by gently shaking the pan, if the cake is firm it is cooked. If the cake is wiggly in the center, it needs to cook longer. Remove from oven when cooked.
- Cool before serving, add chopped nuts to top of cake if desired. Store in refrigerator, or cut into pieces and store in freezer for up to 6 months. Serves 10-12 people.
Be sure to Pin this recipe for later, you know you want to!
You will love some of these other recipe ideas:
Secrets of the Best Snickerdoodle Cookies