Must Have Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make and so delicious! The secret ingredient makes all the difference!
Must Have Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Your family will love this Must Have Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. For years I only used the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that came on the back of the bag of the chocolate chips. You know what I mean? I just figured it was the best. Wrong! One day I experimented with some new ingredients, and found something better! We never went back to the old way of making chocolate chip cookies! Most of all, butter and sour cream give this cookie a delightful light texture (it’s a secret, don’t tell your family what’s in it!). You may want to make an extra batch to put in the freezer for last minute treats when friends come to visit.
Chocolate Chips are Comfort Food
Chocolate chip cookies disappear faster at our home than you can imagine! Seems like I can make a batch of fresh cookies, leave the room while they are cooling, and come back to an empty table. It’s true! In addition, this recipe has become one of our family kitchen staples. It’s probably the easiest cookie to make and produces a winner that everyone will love. The noteworthy secret ingredient is the addition of sour cream. We prefer to use the dark chocolate chips, our favorite brands include either Ghirardelli or Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate chips. Either brand will work, or you can use your favorite. In addition, you can add walnuts if you have them on hand. Trust me, seems like after have had these cookies there is no going back to a regular recipe!
Print this Recipe
- •2 sticks of softened butter, 1 cup total
- •1 cup sugar
- •1 cup brown sugar
- •4 eggs
- •1 cup sour cream (if you are dairy free you can substitute the soy variety)
- •4 1/2 cups flour
- •1/2 tsp. salt
- •2 tsp. baking soda
- •1 package dark chocolate chips
- •1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- •Cream butter and sugar
- •Add eggs, cream until fluffy.
- •Combine with sour cream, mix well.
- •Slowly add flour, salt, soda. Mix again.
- •Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- •Drop by scant tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. While cookies are cooling on a wire rack, you can pack some of them in freezer bags. These cookies keep frozen for up to 6 months. Recipe makes 4 dozen cookies.
If you like this post, check out some of these other recipe ideas:
Don’t forget to Pin this post with the graphic below!