Crock pot recipes are great for the days when you don’t have time to cook and need a hot meal ready when you get home. This recipe super easy and very tasty! This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Crock Pot Roast Chicken
There is something so comforting about having a meal ready to eat when you get home. We eat crock pot meals 2 or 3 times a week during the fall and winter season because they are so easy to throw together and taste delicious.
This roast chicken recipe can be made with frozen chicken breasts, whole chicken or even chicken legs and thighs. I look for chicken on sale and stock up when I can find it less than $2.00 per pound. You can order organic chicken by the case and have it delivered to your door for only $1.39 with Zycon Fresh.
Crock Pot Roast Chicken Variations
There are several ways to make this dish, I tend to vary it depending on what’s lurking in my refrigerator at the time. Sometimes I use fresh garlic, olive oil and lemon juice, some times I use the bottled salad dressing as listed. Either way it turns out great and your family will love it!
- 4 lbs. chicken breasts, thighs, or legs (thawed)
- 1 bottle Paul Newman's Olive Oil Italian Dressing (or 4 cloves chopped garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup lemon juice)
- Green Olives
- Lemon slices and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and clean chicken.
- Add to crock pot.
- Pour salad dressing over top of chicken, cover.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone.
- Add lemon slices, olives and cilantro for garnish.
- Serve hot with your favorite rice or potato dish and cooked vegetable.
We love this dish as leftovers too. You can remove the chicken from the bones and serve it on a salad or in a sandwich with mayo and your favorite veggies. I cook a large quantity of chicken at a time in this manner, freeze any leftovers and add it to my next batch of homemade chicken soup. Anyway you look at it, it’s easy and fast!