Secrets of the Best Snickerdoodle Cookies, win your family over with these delicious treats!
Secrets of the Snickerdoodle Cookie
We recently discovered the Secrets of the Snickerdoodle Cookie. I have been cooking my way through a number of new recipes. This is the first batch of Snickerdoodles we have ever made and it definitely won’t be our last. This classic cookie is sure to become one of your family’s go to favorites.
Snickerdoodles are basically a sugar cookie with lots of spices, and a delightful pecan on top. We found a secret combination of spices that make this cookie completely unique. They will melt in your mouth!
- 3 cups Sugar
- 5 1/2 cups all purpose Flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons finely ground Cloves
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- •Combine butter and 2 cups of sugar.
- •Add vanilla, eggs and cream of tartar.
- •Add baking soda and salt.
- •Roll dough into 1" balls.
- •Roll balls in mixture of 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- •Place balls on greased cookie sheet.
- • Press each ball slightly with the bottom of a glass until flattened. Add a Pecan half into the top of each cookie.
- •Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Yield is 5 dozen cookies.
More Great Recipes
Try some of these other great recipes below!