Tomatoes are easy to work with and make many delicious appetizers. This salsa fresca recipe is quick to make and tastes delicious.
Tomato salsa has only 5 delicious fresh ingredients. We often make this salsa to serve with nachos, tacos or even with breakfast omelets. Once you have made fresh tomato salsa, you will never go back to the store bought variety, I guarantee it!
Welcome back to the Ultimate Recipe Challenge! This linkup is the brain child of Kim Six Fix, thanks Kim for putting this all together! This month’s challenge is tomatoes, which are probably one of my favorite foods.
My favorite combination of tomatoes is multi-colored red Roma tomatoes, yellow pear and black heirloom varieties. This combination can also be purchased in a small variety pack from Costco or even Aldi’s grocery store. You can make this recipe with regular tomatoes too, but I love the bright colors in this side dish.
Here’s what to do:
- 2 cups mixed colored tomatoes (or 4 large tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Juice from 1/2 squeezed lemon or lime
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Wash tomatoes, place in blender. Chop coarsely. Put in medium sized bowl.
- 2. Add onion (or chop in the blender)
- 3. Add garlic.
- 4. Using a lemon reamer, juice the sliced lemon right over the bowl of tomatoes.
- 5. Add a few drops of tobacco sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips, sour cream, olives or nacho cheese. Add an avocado the second day for delicious guacamole. Makes 4 cups.
Don’t forget to Pin this post, you know you want to!
Make sure to visit some of these other blogs for more great recipe ideas!
Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.