Mother’s Day is upon us, and my Mother will be visiting for the weekend. She is hard to buy gifts for, but she does love a good dessert. We are partial to a good Dirt Cake now and then, you can see our other favorite version here. Since Creme de mint is my mom’s favorite liquor (mine too!), I decided to splurge and buy a bottle. When we were kids, Mom would keep a small decanter of Creme de Mint to serve to guests when we had company. It makes an elegant and refreshing choice.
The color of the liquor is gorgeous! I love the beautiful green color, perfect for spring!
The boys and I whipped up this yummy Grasshopper Dirt Cake for this Mother’s Day occasion. It’s very easy to make and only has a few ingredients. If you would like an alcohol free version of this dessert, try my regular Dirt Cake Reciepe here.
- 1 large package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 large tub of Non dairy whipped topping
- 1 package mint filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 shots Creme de Mint Liquor
- Fresh Mint leaves for garnish
- Place the milk in a blender. Add the Creme de mint and the pudding mix. Blend until smooth. Pour into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in whipped topping, then chill until firm about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, put 10-12 sandwich cookies in a plastic Baggie, remove air, close and crush with a rolling pin. When pudding is firm, spoon into serving glasses layering crushed cookies and pudding. Garnish with more whipped topping, extra cookies and fresh mint. Chill until ready to serve. Makes 6 servings.
Sign me up!
Get a free tutorial for subscribing!