These Lemon and Lavender Sugar Cookies are perfect for a special treat with loads of flavor. Easy recipe!
Lemon and Lavender Sugar Cookies
This Lemon and Lavender Sugar Cookie recipe is my latest obsession. Not only is it easy to make, but completely delicious. It even smells amazing with the lavender herbs. The Meyer Lemons are my favorite and seem to have the most powerful flavor and scent. They are also a rich deep yellow color. How could you not love them?
Lemon and Lavender are often used together in European cooking from Italy or France. I have seen recipes for ice cream, cakes, roast chicken and more. My family was anxious to try these new cookies and they have become one of our new favorites.
This recipe calls for a bit of dried fresh lavender. You can find this edible herb at specialty herb or gourmet shops. Amazon also carries it stock. If you have it growing in your garden you can use that instead, as long as it’s organically grown without pesticide.
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup softened coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed lavender blossoms
- Icing Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine sugars, honey, butter, coconut oil and eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, lemon zest, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Fold in crushed lavender blossoms. Combine.
- Roll dough into 1" balls, place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls into 2" rounds with the bottom of a drinking glass, preferably one with a patterned bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool 5-7 minutes.
- Make icing by combining powered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl with a spoon.
- Stir until smooth, drizzle icing over warm cookies.
- Makes 3-4 dozen.
Don’t forget to Pin this post!
Here are some more tasty recipe ideas:
Hand Dipped Biscotti
Sign me up!
Get a free tutorial for subscribing!